Thursday 28 January 2010

Reading in Community

I'm floating an idea here, so if you read this please comment even if you don't like the idea.

I'm thinking of trying to start blogging about Scripture. The idea would be to take a book for a period, say Galatians for three months or Exodus. To offer chapters to read and study for each week, comments on study resources, text and language, exegetical cruxes, and of course, biblical theology.

The idea will work if through a blog post a reading and commenting community grows up where we share with and encourage one another in reading Scripture. If there was interest a meeting could be arranged to take further any key issues that come up in our studies.

What do you think?

I'm away at the Kingdom Come conference next week, so I'll probably being on this week beginning Feb 8.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Sounds like a great idea to me :)