Saturday 9 January 2010

Christmas Present - on being used




In a display of unparalled bravery (or foolishness) my dear wife bought me Ching's Chinese Food in Minutes for Christmas. She has now twice eaten the results, cooked by my own highly skilled hands.

So far we've tried a sweet and sour chicken (first time I've played with a ginger root) and this evening a chicken and fine bean stir-fry (ok, Ching has snake bean, but where do you buy snake bean in Stranraer?)

I've been using somethings in our kitchen that have never been used before - kitchen scales, measuring jugs - my dear wife's preferred method is a dollop of this, a splash of that. Having twice played with cornflour now it looks like I need a apron, and the floor needs a good sweep.

Seriously, if you enjoy Chinese food this is a great book, really easy (even I can do it) and from start to finish in 30 minutes.

No comments: