Monday 1 February 2010

Kingdom Come - Day 1

I'm over in Belfast at the Kingdom Come conference, organised by the EA Northern Ireland - so a big thanks to them for this conference.

This evening at the opening session Gordon MacDonald gave the first of his three address for leaders. It was a good beginning to what I hope will be a good conference.

Defence. Sometimes we all, perhaps especially leaders, need to focus on defence. A good team is built around the defence, at least we were told this is true in American football!
For Christians defence is all about repentance, forgiveness and mercy. In Jn 21, when Peter jumps out the boat he just can't wait to get to Jesus.

'You don't do repentance right the first time' - an encouragement and challenge to us all.

If I repent and expect you to forgive me, then I must, MUST, forgive you.

I especially like the idea of creating an environment of mercy - the breakfast by the shore - a time, a place, a setting where God's mercy in Christ can be received.

So, a good beginning.

For the first time I've taken the laptop away with me and I'm blogging using the btopenzone in the hotel (which is just fabulous), so I post on day 2 tomorrow.

No comments: