Wednesday 3 February 2010

Kingdom Come - Day 3 post 2

Well what could come next.

Kirsh Kandiah spoke in a seminar of the Square Mile mission resource which St Ninians in Stranraer will be looking at later this month, so more on Square Mile to follow.

Mark Greene of the London Institute of Contemporary Christianity, www.licc.co.uk, spoke of the place of work in a pattern of whole life discipleship. Among many gems I will be pondering the following:
The values of the church are more important than the form of the church.
Evangelism is an invitation to join a movement to change the world.
Does the work life of Christians outside their involvement in the life of our congegation feature in the churches prayer diary, prayer meeting?
What difference will it make to my preaching if I look out at the congregation and see the team I am only a part of and speak to them as to team members? How will what I say on Sunday help team members speak to others on Monday? Good questions now seeking answers!

Gordon MacDonald gave his last address on Direction. The importance for the church and the leader of the church leader seeking direction from God. Moses would enter the tent of the meeting, where is our tent where we meet with God and ask him to teach me your ways, go with me or I'm not going, show me your glory? As God answers these requests he sets the direction for his church and his leaders.

What a great conference, and still tomorrow morning to go!

No comments: