Wednesday 23 December 2009

A New Poster

Earlier this year I was in London at a conference and happened to be in the British Library (ok, when out of my way and dragged a friend with me). If you haven't been to the British Library you should go, it's right next to St Pancreas Station, so good for a few hours while in the que for the Eurostar ...


Back to the story.


After paying our respects to Codex Sinaiticus, the earliest manuscript of the complete New Testament, from the 4th Century we went to the shop just to pass some time. In the shop they were selling posters of the greatly loved Codex, but I didn't want to try to bring one home on the plane. So, last week I got round to phoning the shop and yes, they posted me a copy of the poster. It's now on the wall, as you can see from the not very good photo below. Does this count as an icon for bible lovers? When I've figured out which page it is open at on the poster I'll let you know.


No comments: