Tuesday 22 June 2010

Phil Wickham

At the Frenzy festival on 12 June i was able to go and hear Phil Wickham - a really great set of worship songs.

What struck my was the content of Phil's songs so often dealt with themes of heaven and glory, and my high trained heresy radar didn't go off once, unlike spending a whole week at the General Assembly. In general I find it rare that Christians talk about heaven without falling into some error or other, but Phil has managed it.

More importantly the songs are really good, full of energy and life. I would highly commend Phil and his music if you get the change to hear him. I picked up two cds, Cannons and Heaven And Earth. At present my favourite songs are 'Beautiful' and 'True Love' from Cannons and 'In Your City' and  'Because of Your Love' from Heaven and Earth (although all of Heaven and Earth is just great).

No comments: