Friday 6 November 2009

2 operations and no blogging

I noticed that my last post was on 21 Oct.

On that day my wife, Fiona, had an operation on her toe which has left her with a pin sticking out and crutches. (Check out her lovely new shoe here!)

Then on the 29th of Oct our eldest son and heir (due to inherit half a collection of books and cds) was taken suddenly to Dumfries Royal Infirmary where he had his appendix removed. It is 75 miles to Dumfries (150 there and back again, as Bilbo would say), so I did 600 miles before he came home on Sunday afternoon.

Rather than blogging I've been renewing my relationship with the dyson, the washing machine and yellow rubber gloves. I keep being told that things will get back to normal soon, but I'm not sure what normal is any more.

No comments: