Monday 17 May 2010

Email Those New MPs

I've just emailed my MP, Mr Russell Brown (Lab), Constituency of Dumfries and Galloway. This is part of an Open Doors Campaign to email MPs about religious liberty, human rights and the persecution of Christians around the world. You can find this on the Open Doors site here. Please join me in this campaign.

I've copied the email below. Let's stand together with our sisters and brothers who are suffering for their faith in the Lord Jesus.

Dear Mr Brown,

As one of your constituents I want to congratulate you on your election victory and appointment as member of Parliament for Dumfries and Galloway.

I recognise the importance of the task ahead of you and want to assure you of my prayers for you at this significant time and in a new political context.

I am deeply concerned about issues of religious liberty and human rights, and particularly the persecution of Christians around the world. I would be delighted to know if you will be able to take up specific issues of persecution in the coming months. I attach a short briefing paper on this topic which I hope will be of help and interest.

Mr Brown, I will look forward to contacting you in future as specific issues arise.
Once again please accept my warmest congratulations on your election as my MP.

Yours sincerely,
Rev Gordon Kennedy

No comments: