Monday 30 May 2011

Love Shine Through

I've been listening to the new Tim Hughes album Love Shine Through and would recommend it to you all.

This set doesn't have the same energy as the live Happy Days disc, but the quality of the song writing and the music more than make up.

I especially like the thread running through the disc focusing about the 'name' - God's name, his name.

The opening track 'Counting On Your Name':
first line - 'My name is written on your hands' matches the chorus 'I'm counting on Your name'. My name and all that I am depending upon Your name and all that you are.

Mid way through, 'At Your Name [Forever]' we are encouraged to shout the name of the Lord, Yahweh, the endless name that deserves endless praise. And this song, co-written with the excellend Phil Wickham closes the set at the end of the disc.

You can't do better than meditate upon God's name and Tim's music will help you do this. So a big thanks to Tim, and everyone else - buy the disc and worship his Name.

No comments: